Artista is doing extremely well. I accidentally developed a new method today for getting close to him. I was working with him in the round pen and he kept turning with his rear to me instead of turning to face me, and so I picked up a buggy whip (also works with a fiberglass stick from the inside of a lunge whip) and lightly tapped his rump when he turned it towards me. After doing that for a bit I realized that I could touch Artista with the buggy whip without him minding at all. I was able to rub the whip all over his body from head to toe. Pretty soon I was able to walk up and grab his lead rope, using the buggy whip as a desensitizer to build his trust. He is also doing very well with leading, and I have been doing some trust exercises and sacking him out with the lead rope.


1 comment:
Good Looking team. Keep up the good work robert and artista..
Your mom.
Post a Comment