Yesterday he was doing so well that I wanted to introduce him to the saddle pad.... aka piece of dead horse. Artista was terrified of it from the second he smelled it. I will probably have to go out and buy him a new pad that has never touched a horse before.
Since that was a little too much too soon, today we went back to a bandanna and a t-shirt. He did very well and was very accepting of both items. By the end of the session he was following me around the pen with no lead rope at all!
He has gotten to the point now where he will come up to greet you at the gate. I have also been able to take his lead rope off because he is so much easier to catch. Tonight Madi was feeding him alfalfa cubes by hand and brushing off his neck, shoulders, and back while he was just loose in the pen.





No comments:
Post a Comment