Thursday, June 26, 2008

06/19/08

Its been a while since I've updated what we've been currently been working on with Artista. Since ARD was here I have been working on building back up to re-introducing the saddle pad. First I took the scary black pad and tied it onto the gate that adjoins Artista and Cash's pens. Cash went to town chewing it to bits and pretty soon Artista was over there checking it out as well. At this point he was ok with the pad on the fence or ground, but still afraid of the pad once it was in my hands, so I cut the pad into quarters and began introducing it to him in smaller packages :)
He is doing much better with the pad now, and I can toss a full size one onto his back without too much trouble. Jacqueline Kitchell donated an old broken english saddle that I am going to start introducing him to within the next few days.
I have also been desensitizing him to the lunge whip and can crack it all around his body and over his head without fear. He will also stand still for me to rope his feet, rump, and head/neck.

Woohoo! Scary flag!

No comments: